Realism Art Studio
This afterschool realism art studio class starts students, ages 12-16 years old, on a path of being able to create truly stunning and accurate artwork. Our enrolled students love art and are diligently looking to push their boundaries and learn skills to draw and paint anything, including from their imagination.
We currently offer this class 2 days a week. Each day is a separate group and are not interchangeable. Both groups will learn the same materials. For new students, simply decide which day is more convenient for your schedule and sign up below.
Meets 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm
Meets 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm
Realism Art Studio class is at least a semester long. Join us Thursdays for this introduction to realism. Classes start at 3:30 pm and run until 6:00 pm. All students will have a materials list they will be responsible for bringing their first day of class and all semester. Scroll to the bottom of this page for the required materials list.
The current semester runs from Jan 10 to May 30.
- Tuition is $240 per month for Wednesday OR Thursdays (one day a week) of each month and is due the 1st of each month.
- Late enrollment is curretly allowed. New students are welcome to join the first Wednesday or Thursday of the Month or by special arrangement.
- 1 makeup day per month is offered for students who miss a class at no extra charge and can be made up in the other week day group. So if you sign up for Wednesdays, your makeup day will be during the Thursday group.
Monthly Tuition via PayPal:
Realism Art Studio Class monthly payment can be made here:
Overview for Fall Semester:
- Drawing in pencil and charcoal.
- Introduction Oil Paintings, or Acrylic Painting.
- Small class size means 10 students maximum.
This program is intended for students aged 12 – 16 years old who are looking to learn realism and/or be able to learn to draw anything. This is focused group with hands-on instruction about creating highly accurate artwork.
Heading south from San Francisco or these neighborhoods?
We are within a 20 minute drive of the following neighborhoods in San Francisco and if that seems far, keep in mind parking. We have a plethora of easy parking options that will rival most studios in the city for convenience: Parkside, Sunset District(s), Ingleside, Excelsior, West Portal, Twin Peaks, Glen Park.
The Art School will be closed:
- TBD… none scheduled at this time.
Upcoming Realism Studio Classes
- Pencils: Mono Tombow Pencils or Staedler Mars lumograph. pencil weights of 2B, B, HB, H, 2H – 4 each.
- Paper Mate Tuff Stuff Eraser Stick or any similar stick eraser.
- Mono Zero Eraser (the round one) – Tiny eraser that brings a lot of control to drawing. I also advise getting refills ahead of time.
- Pencil Extenders – When pencils get short this extends their life.
- Kneaded eraser
- Sandpaper Pencil Sharpeners: Staedtler Mars Sandpaper Lead Pointer or equivalent.
- Charcoal Pencils: General Charcoal or Wolff’s Carbon Pencils. Minimum of both: 2B, 4B AND General’s Charcoal White Pencil – Minimum of 3
Please note that these are fragile pencils and dropping one can mean shattering the core rendering the pencil useless. It’s best to bind with a rubber band and carry in a soft case.
- Box Cutter. We use this to carve pencils exposing the lead and use the sandpaper pencil sharpeners to create a very sharp drawing edge for precision work. I will have this at the studio, so students do not have to bring this with them.
- An “art canvas 48 pencil case“. This search term will take you to what I recommend. They will protect the pencils very well.