Art coaching is incredibly helpful for artists looking realize goals and dramatically improve the quality of artwork, and developing a path for your art as a strategy. We offer Art Coaching for kids and adults.
Art Coaching for youth and teens:
- Build confidence!
- Build and improve a portfolio.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses and learn to improve both areas.
- Develop focus, enhance personal style, understand and incorporate critiques.
- Build and/or develop a work ethic. Care and pride in what we create begins at a young age.
- Dramatically improve skills and gain a deeper appreciation for the arts.
For parents, as well as adults, who sign up, it also means getting written reviews and critiques of your (or your child’s) work. These act as planning documents to track progress. Art Coaching and Art Classes are not the same thing. Additional time is taken for critiques, reviews and interactions with parents (for kids and young adults).
Pricing for Art Coach at Bay Area Art School
Individual Art Coaching:
$100 per hour for individual sessions.
Art Coaching purchase agreement:
Purchasing art coaching acts a a pre-payment and can be used for up to 4 months from purchase date. There are no refunds on Art Coaching after 72 hours. Once you purchase from this page, we suggest you also visit our contact us page and send us your name and who will be receiving coaching. Then, we will contact you shortly afterwards to set up your first appointment and a schedule a meeting.
- Create and develop visual arts portfolio. Depending on the focus or purpose this will differ for each student.
- Technical assessment: critiques for strengths and weaknesses and how to improve.
- Develop an artist statement whether for an admissions, or for simply understanding why you love art. This can act as a guide as the student works towards their goal.
- Learn to photograph artwork or have us do it.
Confidence is the number 1 value
The first session will be about setting goals and expectations. Depending on skill, style, age and goals we emphasize building a portfolio immediately. We help to decipher the portfolio requirements (if applicable) and how to stand out whether for or high school or college applicants.
It’s easy to understand what a soccer coach brings to the table. Focus a group of kids to a common goal of improving skills, learning new techniques and hopefully winning games. Winning aside a good coach helps the players to see their own value and strengths and everyone has fun. It’s not much different with an art coach.