Art Camp Materials
Supply List for Classes and Camps with Bay Area Art School!
The recommended art supply list for any budding artist:
- Spiral bound Multimedia drawing book. 9×12 is the ideal size for all projects. Whichever brand you choose, it needs to be a minimum of 85 lbs so we can watercolor in these.
- Pencils: Mono Tombow Pencils or Staedler Mars lumograph. pencil weights of 2B, HB, 2H – 4 each.
- Paper Mate Tuff Stuff Eraser Stick (SN64801) or any similar stick eraser.
- Pens: Pigma Micron black ink pens in .005, 01, .03 sizes
- Yogurt or Sour Cream containers for brushes and water.
- Paper towels.
- Apron or large t-shirt – Remember, acrylic paints leave forever stains.
- Mono Zero Eraser – Tiny eraser that brings massive control to drawings!
- Pencil Extenders – when pencils get short this extends their life.
- Acrylic paints – “Blick Studio Acrylic Paint and Sets” is a good value and a great set. If not these, stay away from student brand paints and get studio or artist level quality
- Watercolors – Watercolor pan set of your choice.
- Gouache – https://www.dickblick.com/products/talens-art-creation-gouache-sets/
- Mini travel spray bottle – a must have for painting.
- Watercolor plastic palette, for watercolors and gouache. We’ll use paper plates for acrylic.
- Color Pencils – Get a good set of 24 or 36 colors.
- Brushes – A package of assorted synthetic brushes. Synthetic brushes last much longer!
Art Lover Extras:
- Pencil art case for all of this stuff – keeps supplies organized and travel safe.
- Kneaded Eraser.
- Afmat pencil sharpener is the best for artists and are an excellent product.
- A plastic palette of your own choosing. I find the best have a mix of wells for color and open areas for mixing values.
- Blue painters tape – Painters tape helps keep our multimedia books clean and organized.