Drawing and Mixed Media Art Camp
Date(s) - Mon Jun 27, 2022 - Fri Jul 01, 2022
9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Beginner and Intermediate Drawing & Mixed Media
THIS CAMP IS FULL – Waitlist is also full too.
This is an in-person camp
For young artists who love to draw and would like to improve their drawing skills this camp is all about learning to create truly amazing artwork. Strong drawing skills are the foundation for all artists and this week we will be looking at a version of classical realism that the old masters knew, and then coloring them into amazing colorful original artwork. This drawing method has been revamped, modified and updated into a fun and engaging method with proven results so that you can draw from life, references or your imagination.
Somewhere around 5th and 6th grade most young artists realize that their drawing skills are not at the level to be able to create what they see in their mind. This camp demystifies that process and helps to understand which mediums to use for different visual effects. We’ll also be creating a small mural for fun.
- Age requirement is 8–15 years old
This art camp will be in-person and will be available for only 10 campers in the Mary Harris Room, Studio 22, which is a large classroom with two rows of windows and doors all which will provide ventilation. Masks will be required for indoor activities.
Campers will spend the mornings learning how to draw animals and objects. Afternoons will be spent learning different mediums and ways to add color. We’ll look at composition, perspective, light and shadow and even the basic of cartooning. Students will also work together to make a small mural.
- 5 Day Camp for 1 camper, Mon–Fri, 9:00 am – 3:30 pm: $550
- Extended care from 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm: $25 per hour or $212.50 for the week (15% discount if you sign up ahead of time).
What to bring
- Campers should bring a back pack with a water bottle, change of clothes, snacks and a lunch.
- We have a strict no nuts policy. If you have any specific allergies you’d like us to know about please include it the notes section when you sign up or send us an email at email@example.com.
- The camp price includes a $20 materials fee that will cover all the art materials and a multi-media sketchbook students will take home.
- Pricing is per camper (not per household).
- Payment and Refunds: You have 48 hours to request a refund. After that, all sales are final. Otherwise, there are no refunds unless the camp is cancelled. Last minute cancellations on your part will not be refunded unless you are within the initial 48 hours of your purchase.
- If the camp or class you paid and signed up for is full you will be notified within 24 hours.
Enrollment for new campers is closed
The bellow options are for enrolled students who need extended care.